ParkHub and SpotHero have partnered to offer an integrated solution that will allow ParkHub to validate event passes sold via the SpotHero and ParkingPanda reservation platforms. For each event sold via SpotHero or ParkingPanda, bookings will be created in ParkHub’s system as prepaid passes. Parking attendants will be able to scan prepaid passes and reject any invalid passes, prevent multiple uses of single-use passes, and enforce access control.
Prior to integrating your ParkHub and SpotHero locations you will first need to...
With the integration in place, you will be able to:
Scan and validate SpotHero or ParkingPanda reservations on event day
- Print-at-home passes
- Mobile passes
Receive instant confirmation of the status of that reservation
- Reservation is valid
- Reservation is valid, but for another location
- Reservation was already claimed
-Reservation is invalid
View and export data from ParkHub Portal that will show you
- Who redeemed their reservation
- Where it was redeemed
- When it was redeemed
Most frequent questions and answers
No – you may begin issuing passes at any point in the integration process. Once the integration configuration is complete and the integration is live, ParkHub will be able to validate all unredeemed previously issued passes.
No – you may start scanning passes at any point in the integration process. Before the integration is live, you can reject any passes that have already been redeemed. However, you will not be able to reject invalid passes or passes that are redeemed at the wrong location.
ParkHub validates SpotHero and ParkingPanda passes – even with poor or no LTE connectivity.
ParkHub’s Prime mPOS devices are powered by LTE connectivity. In the event of an LTE outage or network slowdown caused by high traffic, Prime devices will automatically fall back into offline mode, seamlessly allowing your attendants to continue to validate passes without connectivity.
When the Prime device detects that LTE connectivity is restored, the device will automatically switch to online mode, and any offline data will sync to the cloud.
Yes – you can see the total number of passes that are associated to your Event in Portal.
**Please note: this number may not appear until the morning of your event.
Navigate to https://admin.parkhub.com/event-parkings/lots and select the appropriate date.
The number of passes associated with that event will be displayed in each lot tile.
**Please note – this is the total number of passes for the event, not just the number of passes issued for that specific lot.
If it’s past 10:00 AM Central time or parking is about to begin and the pass count is missing or incorrect, reach out to ParkHub support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find your access control settings at https://admin.parkhub.com/user-options
With the integration in place, you will be able to reject passes that:
- Have already been claimed
- Select “Duplicate barcodes will be rejected”
- Are valid but belong in a different lot/garage
- Select “ Barcodes scanned on the wrong lot will be rejected”
- Are not valid at any of your locations
- Select “Invalid barcodes will be rejected”
When a pass is rejected for any of the reasons listed above, your attendant’s Prime device will display an error message that says why.
If you need to add a lot or garage to your configuration:
- Contact your SpotHero rep and request for that location to be added for event parking sales
- Create the Lot in Portal at https://admin.parkhub.com/create/lot
- Contact your Client Success Manager (with email@example.com copied) and ask them to approve your newly created Lot. Be sure to mention that you need the Lot added to your integration configuration.
- It can take up to a week for us to update the configuration. Your CSM will let you know once you’re all set to start scanning passes in your new location.
Yes – please notify your Client Success Manager if:
- You need to rename a lot in Portal that is integrated with SpotHero or ParkingPanda reservations
- You add or delete a location in your SpotHero or ParkingPanda seller account
If you believe that the integration isn’t working correctly, (for example, if all passes are scanning as invalid) please reach out to ParkHub Support:
- (214) 935-9098
- Live Support available from 7AM to 11PM Central, 7 days a week
When you reach out, please provide the following info to your support rep:
- The location/parking operation you are calling from
- The name of the Event you are experiencing issues with
- The error message that you are seeing
- If possible, an example of a barcode from a pass that isn’t being accepted as expected
Please make sure your ticket office is copied on communications to ParkHub Support.